“Watson House”. Circa 1927. Built nearly a century ago, this beautiful gable Queenslander originally resided on the prime position on Wilston Hill. Rescued, it now sits prominently on 5 private acres - allowing you to catch cooling summer breezes, peaceful views and amazing sunsets from the large front and rear verandahs.
Tastefully renovated, with the perfect blend of yesteryear with modern sophistication, this home invigorates and invites.
Pressed metal ceilings, french doors, wide pine floors, bay windows, 11ft ceilings and lead lights enhance the classic elegance and timeless appeal of this near century old classic Queenslander.
The modern open plan kitchen services the large dining room and ballroom size family room. Sets of beautiful French doors leads from the family room onto either the front verandah or rear deck; allowing the family to relax without encroaching on each others space.
Currently offering 3 bedrooms upstairs with an opportunity to complete the downstairs renovation which has the 4th bedroom and framing for a 5th bedroom, rumpus, bathroom (plumbed ready), laundry and remote garage 7.8mtr x 6.7mtr with workshop area.
- Large Gable Queenslander circa 1927
- 11ft ceilings on the upper level and high ceiling downstairs
- Beautiful pressed metal
- VJ walls, hooped pine flooring and silky oak feature panelling
- Front covered verandah has views of the sunset towards the lake
- French doors lead onto both deck and the verandah
- Split system air-conditioning in the lounge and dining areas
- Window seats with lead light windows in the lounge and main bedroom
- Steel stumped, new electrical wiring, plumbing, new roof & guttering
- Modern kitchen with pantry and central kitchen island
- 6 burner gas Bosch cooker
- Renovated bathroom
- Internal stairs
- NBN available (node to house)
- Town water
- 1.99 ha or approx. 5 acres
- Downstairs bathroom plumbed and waiting for fixtures
- Downstairs potential to be a 4m x 7m rumpus/pool room
- Downstairs ready to complete room 3.5m x 4.2m bedrooms
- Adjacent to walking trails into state forest and Lake Samsonvale
- Quiet Cu del Sac
- 30m sealed driveway
- Fruit trees including lemons & limes, chicken coop & vegie garden
- Native trees planted to encourage local bird life
Location & Lifestyle
200m School bus stop from the house
450m walk to Forgan Cove, hook up the kayak & walk, no need to drive
4 min to Genesis College
5 minute drive to picnic areas and BBQ facilities
6 mins to Warner shopping centre
8 mins to Pine rivers bowls club
10 mins to Bray Park trains station
10 mins to the soon to be completed Petrie University
11 mins to Strathpine shopping centre
15 mins to Lake Samsonvale Water Sports
19 mins to North Lakes shopping centre
20 minutes drive to Samford and Dayboro villages
29 kms from CBD
30 mins drive to the airport
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to purchase a piece of Queensland history.